20110505

CLOAK & DAGGER






Fraggle cape by Endovanera, Rodarte zombie t-shirt, Topshop maxi skirt, Jeffrey Cambell Lana boots, BOYY Slash bag, cheap no-name shades, nude leather bracelets by Bless, two-finger rose gold DOOM ring courtesy of Adelina Mictlan, Driftwood Skull ring (Opening Ceremony NYC years ago).




Okay, so I've fallen into the JC Lita trap. So what? This is a well-designed and beautifully crafted shoe, and they make pretty much any outfit look decent. This particular pair is the Lana, which has been described as "Lita's curvy twin." I would say that Lana is more like Lita's sister -- I personally feel Lana has a slightly higher platform (I'm probably wrong) and a much sturdier heel. For me, those things make for a reallly comfortable shoe. I don't know what it is, but I didn't even want to take these off at the end of the day (as a matter of fact, it's nearly 12:AM and I'm still wearing them). So, yes these are SUPER trendy, but I love them. Awesome shoe. I'm tempted to get the black/white jaguar ponyhair version, but my shoe situation is a little out of control right now. Still in love with my Adelina Mictlan doom ring; I've been loving a lot of her stuff lately. Expect a post soon with one of her three-finger (yes, three) rings coming up soon, matched with the first pair of bellbottoms I've worn in 12 years. Yay!

>


This cape was an early bday present from my husband -- he got it from I Don't Like Mondays, which is the only shop I know of that carries Endovanera. I have to say it's pretty much my most favorite garment in my wardrobe. I wear this piece with everything. It reminds me of the cloaks the guys in SUNN O))) used to wear. I love the gray/green color with the black detailing, the deep hood & pockets, and the sleeves that "hang like sleeve of wizard." Sorry, I had to.




This shirt fits me again; siked! This is about the smallest shirt I'll wear, especially a poly/cotton blend like this one. I've always loved this shirt. The print is sick, and the material is really nice. These sunglasses are great; after seeing the gold-rimmed ones on the amazing Christine, I knew I had to have them. I picked the ones with the black frames, to match my soul.




Much thanks to the lovely people at Joan Shepp for the birthday shoutout on their blog:



in this photo of us (courtesy of Joan Shepp) at the Ivan Grundahl trunk show, I am wearing *the* most amazing Dries Van Noten maryjanes, but you can't see the best part: the chunky heel, which has a holographic-y, oil-in-a-puddle finish. Really been lusting hard over the green clutch from that collection. Also wearing: Ann Sofie-Back safety pin shirt, Topshop maxi skirt.

††††††††††††††††††††

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really liking the cape and the Lita's little sister the lana boots :O Amazing outfit as always :)

http://sextapeandcigarettes.blogspot.com

Jana said...

that cape is NUTS and the boots are amazing. love ittttt

xo Jana H.

Unknown said...

Fantastic look again! The Lanas look great on you also.

Jen said...

I loved that Dries Van Noten collection. I know exactly which shoes your wearing they have the ankle strap and are like a taupe suede right? I would sell my soul for that clutch also, let me know if you find it anywhere else cheaper.

Taylor said...

That cape is fantastic, and I'm dying over your outfit in the last photo (especially because I just saw the new Dries shoes the other day, and they're amazing). Your hair looks great in that photo as well.

Cara said...

your glasses and shoes are beyond amazing <3

Anonymous said...

where did you purchase ring saying DOOM? so ultra cool

Jody said...

Arrow on a tee shirt! Love it.

inkarlcerating said...

omg omg!!!! can i worship u forever?!

Dracula said...

Sunn o))) esque cape = awesome.

Linda said...

Love it. Love it ALL!!!!

Weird question...any chance you'll be in Baltimore this weekend for the MD Film Fest where "Last Days Here" is showing? Sorry if that sounds creepster of me, but I thought of you guys when I saw that was showing. :)

MADELINE said...

I'm so impressed by how well Bobby shops for you! It helps to have a man around with a bit of style. Anyhow, I have the Lanas, too, and I love them. In fact, every time I see internet-blogger-girl backlash about them, it makes me love them more.

Anonymous said...

Massively jealous of the cape. And the shoes are sick.

Anonymous said...

And P.S. So glad the other snake is gone...

Caroline Gault said...

That cape is amazing - I've said it before, your husband has great taste!

Also loving the outfit (+headscarf!) in the last photo. Must get myself a long skirt like this one...

Kisses!

C

LIGH✝Sdrivemysoul said...

You have theeee most amazing shoes! Love this outfit andddd your blog


www.lightsdrivemysoul.blogspot.com
xxSea

Dasha said...

I absolutely love your shoes!! This outfit is amazing and rather bold. I like it ;)

http://nobodyisfool.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

you always look so damn good!

/dayna

Aina Jones said...

great look!!!
love your style

Suzanne said...

Your shoe collection kills me...it's just too good!!

ray said...

MILK MAIDS & BOYY.


seriously. luh you

would love a venture in your jewelry box

the goorgeous said...

looove that cape!!

Plami said...

Love your shoes!!!

XoXo
Plami

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/